Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The Environment Artist will make a significant direct contribution to the creation of high quality in game environment art as it applies to real-time technology for a AAA console game. This is an opportunity to combine masterful artistry and storytelling with ground breaking technology on a world class project.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
An Environment Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Work with the environment art team to deliver content to the aesthetic and technical standards for environment art on the project.
- Build rich believable environments, using a variety of modelling, scene dressing, texturing and material authoring techniques.
- Planning, organising and executing creative ideas for environmental story telling.
- Passionate about innovation within the field of environment art, assessing pipelines and pushing for excellence.
- Contribute and be a collaborative member of the art team and art culture within the studio.
- Recognise the importance of gameplay and building artwork that enhances the players experience through mood, tone, composition and level design requirements.
Things we'd love to see from you:
Professional experience in world art creation for AAA console games.
Experience in modelling, sculpting, texturing, lighting, materials, PBR techniques.
A world class showreel demonstrating outstanding environment art and all aspects relating to the creative and technical creation of game environments.
Knowledge of level art composition, environmental storytelling, lighting, and an artistic eye.
Experience working with the current state of the art game engines such as Unreal Engine.
Demonstrate effective communication skills; verbal and written.
Good technical and strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to critically evaluate your own and your peers work constructively.
Interest in procedural workflow techniques including Houdini, substance, and an eye for industry innovations.
A passion for games