Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
Studio Gobo is looking for an experienced UI Artist to join the team. The UI Artist will work with all production teams to concept, prototype and produce UI for our games.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A UI Artist at Studio Gobo…
- Will work with the design team to define the functionality and feature requirements for UI.
- Collaborate with the client from concept to completion, ensuring that the vision is maintained across the whole project lifetime.
- Integrate and produce functional user interface.
- Champion user experience through thoughtful design and iteration.
- Achieve milestone goals and flag production risks early.
- Produce well thought-out and professional documentation to showcase your work.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure smooth implementation, uphold the design vision and maintain quality throughout.
Things we’d love to see from you…
- Create AAA-quality UI art assets, adhering to the overall presentation and art direction. This includes a working knowledge of typography, layout, and composition, utilizing 3D and animation.
- Motion skills (Adobe After Effects or other visual design tools for animation)
- Provide a portfolio showcasing core graphic design skills.
- Awareness of UI/UX design and TRC-compliant standards.
- A keen eye for composition, clarity and usability.
- Current knowledge of UI prototyping utilising Adobe suit or similar to convey/interpret concepts and ideas.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to implement UI solutions in engine.
- Working knowledge of Unreal or other game engines.
- Clear communication, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Awareness of user interface patterns and design standards, ability to design for various audiences.
- Self-motivated and driven, with solid time management.
- Demonstrable appreciation of UI conventions and challenges for console platforms.
- Experience working within a team delivering work on time and to a very high standard.
- Gaming industry experience or a genuine passion for games.
- Agile development practices working within the scrum framework.