Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Guerrilla Games, Arkane, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Disney and Tencent. Projects include Redfall, Hogwarts Legacy, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are on the lookout for a talented Technical Animator focused on tooling & pipelines to join us working on an AAA franchise. You will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and difficulty and have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and cutting-edge visuals.
Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.8 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Technical Animator at Studio Gobo...
- Will grow and develop tooling and pipelines for the animation & rigging teams.
- Provide technical art and animation tool support for the animation team.
- Enforce asset organisation and standardisation.
- Analyse and troubleshoot all aspects of the animation pipeline.
- Work with animation team on optimization and performance strategies.
- Be the communication conduit between programming and art disciplines.
- Collaborate and share knowledge on latest advancements with other technical experts within the company.
- Participate in setting vision for content and tools and collaborate with engineers to develop cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Review / integrate animation solutions or help develop new ones.
- Advise the animation team on technical issues as they arise.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Good knowledge of Python development within a studio environment.
- Experience of Qt/PySide a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge of the Maya API (Pymel/OpenMaya/Cmds).
- Comfortable writing & deploying standalone python tools.
- Experience working with version control systems like Perforce or Git.
- Experience of industry standard game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity etc.
- Deep understanding of an animator’s needs and requirements.
- Genuine interest in playing games.
Please also let us know if you have:
- Previously shipped a AAA title for desktop, console or mobile.
- C++ experience (either Maya and/or Unreal).
- Experience baking destruction to animation.
- Knowledge of physical based animation / motion matching.
- Machine learning knowledge.
- Experience working with source control APIs (perforce, git, ...).