Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Guerrilla Games, Arkane, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Disney and Tencent. Projects include Redfall, Hogwarts Legacy, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The Sound Designer is responsible for creation and implementation of game audio from concept to final product. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong creative sound design skills and the technical ability to bring their designs to life in-game.
Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.7 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A sound designer at Studio Gobo....
- Designing high quality audio assets and implementing in-engine using Wwise and Unreal Engine / Blueprint.
- Working with the art, design, and engineering teams to design effective audio that supports and enhances the player experience.
- Testing audio systems and responding to feedback and bug reports swiftly and professionally.
- Maintaining asset tracking and other audio documentation.
Things we'd love to see from you...
- Demonstrable skills in implementing audio in game engines using Wwise.
- At least one shipped title for console platforms.
- Experience using Reaper or equivalent DAWs for asset creation and audio treatments of linear content.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, and a collaborative mindset.
- Understanding of real-time audio processing and industry metering standards.
- Experience with profiling in Wwise for bug fixing and optimisation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail, and ability to work with complex interactive systems.
- Scripting / coding skills (C++ / C# / Python / Lua) are a plus.
- Passion for games and game audio.