Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are currently looking for an Senior VFX Artist to join the team on an unannounced AAA character action console game.
As a Senior VFX Artist at Studio Gobo, you'll be responsible for producing industry leading VFX for our games. You will be expected to craft everything from in world ambient VFX, explosive and impactful set piece events and gameplay related VFX sequencing as it relates to character interactions and combat. If you believe that inspiring and impactful VFX can bring depth and life to a game and you have a deep appreciation for the artistry behind enhancing the gameplay experience through your work, then we would very much like to hear from you.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Senior VFX Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Makes a significant and direct contribution to the creation of bespoke, original and industry leading VFX for AAA console.
- Understands the value that VFX can add to all aspects of the player experience.
- Creates set piece events, ambient and gameplay related VFX that give each product unique character.
- Partners closely with the technical teams to deliver an efficient, stable, state of the art VFX pipeline and consistently strive for excellence that demonstrates work at the cutting edge.
- Be a champion for VFX and constantly look for opportunities where your work can enhance the game.
- Pre-Visualise and prototype cutting edge VFX techniques.
- Document & communicate clear technical guidelines for VFX creation and real-time implementation to the team.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of innovative game production technologies and the capabilities/limitations of these technologies as they relate to the project goals.
Things we'd love to see from you:
Professional experience as a Senior VFX artist in the games industry working on cutting edge AAA console titles.
Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines.
Understanding of shaders and the rendering pipeline as it relates to VFX.
Understanding of Houdini, a distinct advantage.
In-depth knowledge of VFX principals and good sense of timing and staging.
A creative thinker and problem solver with excellent communication skills.
Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, and to collaborate productively with others.
A VFX reel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
An exceptional eye and drive for quality and detail.