Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords Studios family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
As a part of a brand new studio project, we are now looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join the team on a well-loved and industry-renowned IP. You will produce work that is at the highest level of quality and difficulty and have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and cutting-edge visuals.
A Senior Technical Animator at Studio Gobo...
- Architect and implement animation solutions in engine
- Provide technical art and animation tool support for the animation team
- Enforce asset organisation and standardisation
- Analyse and troubleshoot all aspects of the animation pipeline
- Work with animation team on optimization and performance strategies
- Be the communication conduit between programming and art disciplines
- Mentor and support members of the technical animation team
- Collaborate and share knowledge on latest advancements with other technical experts within the company
- Participate in setting vision for content and tools and collaborate with engineers to develop cutting edge tools and technologies
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Comfortable scripting tools for DCC applications and game engines to support the animation pipelines (examples include Python, C#, C++, MEL, Qt / Pyside ...)
- Deep knowledge of one or more digital content creation packages (examples include Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3DSMax, MotionBuilder) and open to learn new ones when required
- Experience of industry standard game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity
- Experience working with motion capture data
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of production
- Deep understanding of an animator’s needs and requirements
- Keen interest in character action games
Please also let us know if you have:
- Previously shipped a AAA title for desktop, console or mobile
- Experience setting up character ragdolls
- Experience working with non-biped characters
- Experience with FACS
- Experience working with motion capture suits
- Experience baking destruction to animation
- Knowledge of physical based animation or motion matching
- Machine learning knowledge
- Experience working with source control APIs (perforce, git, ...)