Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Arkane, Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Redfall, Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are currently looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Senior Engine Programmer to join us working on an unannounced AAA game in Unreal Engine 5.
Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.7 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Senior Engine Programmer at Studio Gobo...
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests systems with a focus on low-level and platform-specific code
- Writes clear, maintainable, performance targeted, code
- Works with designers, artists, and other team members in pursuit of quality
- Develop and implement technical design specifications
- Plans their own tasks and delivers high quality code on schedule
- Is a role model and mentor for less experienced team member
- Participates in team-based code reviews to help raise code quality
Things we'd love to see from you:
- High proficiency in C++
- Demonstrable experience working in the video games industry
- Used Unreal Engine professionally
- Designed and created complex systems from start to finish, formulating and realising creative solutions to novel problems
- Excellent bug diagnosis and debugging skills
- Knowledge of industry standard development tools: source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking
- Used continuous integration and build automation at work
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics, or mathematics
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays - 22 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 25 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 5 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Visa & Relocation Package - For qualified employees, we will pay for the visa costs for you and your family. We will also provide you with a relocation allowance.
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award-winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP) - ESPP is an easy way for staff to get involved in entry level company ownership or make a small profit on savings.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Group Income Protection
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their work, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Studio Gobo in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Cycle & Tech Scheme – Receive up to £3000 worth of goodies as part of this salary sacrifice scheme.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest-free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop etc every year.
- Inspire & Motive Programme - Offering training opportunities, inspiring workshops and industry conferences.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- World Famous Free Lunches – Every Friday our studio enjoys a studio lunch together. Cooked in-house by our very own chef with meat, vegan and gluten free options available every week.
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference in our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog-friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)