Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are looking for a talented Lighting Artist who possesses the ability to light environments, cutscenes and characters for a AAA character action video game. This position has a significant impact on many teams work and is responsible for creating atmosphere, realism, tone, depth, drama or narrative. They will also establish and clarify location, weather, time of day for our game worlds.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Lighting Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Will work closely with the Art Director, Lead Artist and Environment Team to establish the aesthetic and technical standards for the games lighting and cinematic style.
- Reinforce gameplay interactions, readability, and traversal through lighting techniques.
- Work closely with the Rendering Engineers and Art Team to establish project specific lighting pipelines and workflow documentation.
- Tuning of surface shaders, materials, textures and VFX to improve the perception of world lighting.
- Ability to execute the artistic vision using in engine visual targets, colour scripts, mood boards and corrective paint overs.
Things we'd love to see from you:
Lighting experience on a successful game, TV or film project.
Knowledge of various lighting techniques in engine such as dynamic, static lighting (interior and exterior), prebaked for game levels on our projects.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills.
Knowledge of common optimisation techniques for lighting.
Exceptional understanding of composition, lighting, colour theory, colour space etc.
Knowledge of common colour grading, and post processing techniques for games and cinema.
A world class showreel demonstrating your visual and technical ability.
Prior experience working with the current state of the art game engines for modern console hardware.
A passion for games.