Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join the team on a brand new project. The Lead Technical Artist is an expert in their field and holds a wealth of knowledge in dealing with the technical issues around content creation for video games. They have a proven track record of resolving the most complex and broad-reaching challenges in relationship to content construction, pipeline management and leading edge visuals.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Lead Technical Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Leads the team in identifying, planning and implementing solutions to support content creation and enhance visual quality with performance in mind.
- Will be responsible for managing a project’s Technical Art team by setting great examples and mentoring more junior Technical Artists.
- Works closely with the directors, leads and production teams across the project.
- Oversees game performance, define technical limits and ensures the Art team adheres to these targets.
- Understands emerging trends and technologies within videogames and make strategic recommendations as to how they may benefit or impact the project or organization.
- Offer day to day technical support to the content creators on the team
Things we'd love to see from you:
Professional experience as a Technical Artist
Successfully shipped a AAA console game
Expert understanding of modern game content creation processes
Extensive knowledge of DCC software like Maya, Houdini, Blender, Substance, ...
Extensive knowledge of game engines like Unreal and Unity
Comfortable with developing tools and workflow enhancements using scripting languages like Python or C# and GUI libraries like PySide
A solid understanding of rendering pipelines and physically based rendering
Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team
Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
A passion for games
Please also let us know if you have:
Shipped one or more AAA games as a Lead Technical Artist
Advanced programming skills
Advanced shader development using Cg or HLSL
Advanced rendering knowledge
Experience with graphics debuggers
Experience using procedural pipelines