Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are looking for a Lead Artist to join the team on a brand new project. The Lead Artist will make a significant contribution to the creation of high quality in game art as it applies to real-time technology for a AAA console game. This is an opportunity to combine experience, passion and management skills working with and building a talented art team on a world class project.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Lead Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Works closely with the art director, studio leads and client to maintain or establish the artistic vision, and art objectives. Work with the team and discipline leads to ensure the technical and aesthetic standards for the project are met and fit within project timeframes.
- Manage and mentor a cross discipline art team, developing their careers and assisting in achieving the best possible results.
- Lead by example; demonstrate, communicate, and set clear expectations for quality that align with the artistic vision.
- Passionate about innovation and an eye for emerging trends within game art, aiding in assessing pipelines and establishing benchmarks.
- Play an active role in fostering a collaborative art culture within the team, onboarding new members, instilling the core values of the studio, and ensuring excellence.
- Recognise the importance of gameplay and building artwork that enhances the player’s experience.
Things we'd love to see from you:
Prior experience as a Lead Artist with at least one shipped AAA title to your credit at this level.
Knowledge and interest in multiple disciplines of art production, ability to provide inspiring direction and constructive critique of artwork at all stages of development.
A world class portfolio including industry related work that inspires us and showcases your ability and talent.
Prior experience working with the current state of the art game engines such as unreal engine for modern console hardware.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills.
Experience establishing and troubleshooting production pipelines as they relate to timely delivery of art production, both internally and through use of external teams and outsourcing partners.
Experience working with recruitment and studio leadership team to identify talent and assist in the process for hiring. Participation in wider recruitment initiatives such as University and industry talks and events.
A passion for games.