Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are looking for a Lead Animator to join the team on our brand new project. The Lead Animator will work with external partners to develop AAA PC and console titles. Due to the focus on gameplay related animation they will have a deep understanding of how your artistry can positively impact the quality of the player experience.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Lead Animator at Studio Gobo...
- Works with internal teams to deliver games with an AAA animation bar.
- Responsible for the creation and integration of world class combat and character animations in the game engine that seamlessly mix with the animations of other team members.
- Sync with the Animation Director to represent animation best practices and standards.
- Work in close collaboration with the art director, technical artists, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capabilities to deliver on AAA quality for your work objectives.
- Visually scripting animation graphs/ trees.
- Producing quality animations within scheduling constraints.
- Mentor and train animation team members.
- Constantly evaluate animation workflow and recommend improvements.
- Collaborate with animation team to ensure building effective animation controls.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character animation challenges.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- 7+ years of experience in character animation for games
- Exceptional key frame animation skills and a reel that showcases world leading animation quality in character and creature move sets, combat animation and other related gameplay animation systems
- Ability to work in a range of styles and can maintain the appropriate style over the course of a project
- Basic understanding of all areas of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, IK)
- Ability to prioritize one's own tasks and be responsive to deadlines
- Prior experience with hand-keyed animation and motion capture pipelines
- Experience setting up animation trees and animation blending
- Impeccable organization and time-management skills
- Strong proficiency in Maya
- A passion for character animation, playing games and film