Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The HR manager will have full responsibility for all aspects of Studio Gobos HR and report into the Head of Studio.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
An HR Manager at Studio Gobo...
Will work in partnership with all Studio managers in order to effectively enable them to develop and maintain capability and achieve high standards of performance in all our people, leading to greater business performance.
The majority of the HR Manager’s role will be focused on Employee Relations. You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Leadership team and Managers with the day-to-day HR of the studio including:
- Employee Relations – Support and monitor teams to ensure local ER issues (sickness, performance, timekeeping/attendance, conflict management, conduct, holidays etc.) are managed appropriately and in a timely manner. Coaching team members on ER issues and involving the Leadership Team as and when required. Support the teams with the integration of policy changes.
- Capability – working with managers to identify development needs for their teams and mentor/coach managers to identify appropriate solutions including training, performance reviews etc.
- Performance – driving high standards of people and business performance through performance management, succession and manpower planning (assisting Department Heads), talent management (working with Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure planned talent attraction and retention). Advise on required interventions to manage underperforming areas.
- Organisation Design & Development – support and/or co-ordinate, as appropriate, any organisational changes in line with company policy, legislation and company values.
- Working closely with the Operations team to enhance our studio culture, plus ensure studio best practices and processes are upheld.
- Working closely with Keyword Studios global HR Team and acting as the Studio point of contact for all HR issues. Supporting HR strategy for the senior leadership team and the studio in line with Keywords Studios’ direction.
- Support and delivery of internal training content alongside the Operations Team.
- Responsible for developing and managing the HR Function.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Excellent ability to organize and structure own workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven experience of working with and influencing middle and senior management. Plus, an ability to build rapport across all levels.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent degree or experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of Employment Law legislation and HR practices.
- Can demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions and new approaches, plus proactively initiate change and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Please also let us know if you have:
- Experience of dealing with employee relations relating to remote/hybrid working.
- Knowledge of Employee Visa/Sponsorship Programmes.
- Experience of working in a technology and/or fast-growing business.