Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The Concept Artist will be a generalist conceptual designer versatile in many different art styles and techniques. They will be able to demonstrate exceptional creativity and ability in the areas of environmental design, whilst also understanding the needs and nuances of gameplay and how it relates to architectural design. In addition, demonstrating versatility in the areas of world, look and feel and tonal pieces will be a distinct advantage.
They will be tasked with inspiring the art and design teams with exceptional visualisation work that helps shape the visual direction of our games. Since you will be participating in all phases of the design process, good social and communication skills are a must for this role.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Concept Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Has a passion and deep understanding of architectural design, industrial design, illustration, colour theory, composition, lighting, art history and various cultures and be able to change and adapt across different genres and media.
- Excellent narrative and illustrative skills.
- A world class portfolio that blows our minds with your ability and talent and sets you apart from the rest.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Painter or similar package of your preference.
- The ability to take an environment and or gameplay space from early concept all the way through to fully rendered finished quality visualisation.
- Comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to work with direction and take on constructive feedback.
- Excellent creative skills and insight and an ability and passion for research to aid credibility in your work.
- Able to visually communicate ideas and inspire others.
- Ability to work on a pre-defined art-style whilst also a desire to explore new directions.
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual and work closely with the producers on scheduled assignments and appropriate priorities.
Things we'd love to see from you:
Professional creative experience in the field of Games, Film, Architecture and / or Industrial Design.
An excellent personal or professional portfolio.
Demonstrable technical knowledge of design software and techniques.
The ability to utilise 3d software packages in your workflow is a distinct advantage.
Effective communication and team-working skills.
A passion and appreciation for how your work can enhance the player experiences we craft.