Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world-class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include HyperScape, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
As a part of a brand new studio project, we are now looking for a Character Animator to join the team working on a major AAA console title. The character animator will work as part of the animation team with a primary focus on creating and implementing gameplay character move sets. The role will also encompass cut scene and narrative based sequences and supporting in world animations as required. Due to the focus on gameplay related animation you will have a deep understanding of how your artistry can positively impact the quality of the player experience.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
A Character Animator at Studio Gobo...
- Is responsible for the creation and integration of world class combat and character animations in the game engine.
- Creating inspiring animation for both Bipeds and creature based character designs.
- Apply animation principles to create high-quality animations while optimizing them to meet technical constraints and making any changes that are requested based on the artistic direction.
- Work in close collaboration with the art director, lead animator, game designers and programmers to understand the quality objectives, game play intentions and engine capabilities to deliver on AAA quality for your work objectives.
- Communicate and working closely with game designers and programmers to find effective solutions or fix issues and achieve goals in time.
- Quickly prototype and previsualize animation systems and ideas that will serve as a basis for animation- and gameplay-related discussions.
- Support the requirements for in game cut-scenes and performance animation as required.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Animation production experience on at least one shipped AAA character action game.
- Advanced skills in games development software such as Maya & games engines (ideally to include UE4).
- Exceptional key frame animation skills and a reel that showcases world-leading animation quality in character and creature move sets, combat animation and other related gameplay animation systems.
- Expert level of understanding of the principals of animation.
- Strong understanding of animation and how it applies to game play.
- A passion for character animation, playing games and film.
- Character rigging and or modelling skills is advantageous.
- Traditional art skills a distinct advantage. Life drawing ability, understanding of human and animal anatomy.
- Experienced working with motion capture and understanding how to push and manipulate the data to its highest quality for gameplay.
- A passionate and self-motivated individual, willingness to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize one's own tasks and be responsive to deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly identify issues and proactively resolve them.