Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
We are looking for a Audio Designer Intern to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in creating compelling audio design for AAA games, with a desire to create detailed and imaginative aural worlds for players.
Note: Applicants for the Audio Designer Intern position will be considered for the Technical Audio Intern position, and vice-versa.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
An Audio Design Intern at Studio Gobo..
- Designing high quality sound design assets to best support gameplay.
- Authoring new events in Wwise to populate new and existing audio systems.
- Effectively tackling specific areas of gameplay to create memorable player experiences.
- Assisting in improving the overall aural quality of the game through detailed sound design.
- Testing new and existing audio systems for stability, consistency, and effectiveness.
- Responding to feedback and bug reports swiftly and professionally.
- Maintaining asset tracking and other audio documentation.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Demonstrable skills in professional quality sound design for linear/non-linear media (showreel essential).
- Experience using DAWs for creation, editing, and manipulation of audio.
- Awareness of best practices in sound design for non-linear media.
- Awareness of current sound design features, trends, and practices for AAA games.
- Critical listening skills with a keen ear capable of unpacking complex aural content.
- Attention to detail with an ability to handle large numbers of assets and events.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to work well independently and with other developers.
- A strong desire to learn from the audio department and broader development team.
Please also let us know if you have:
- Game development experience through game jams, prototyping, demos, tutorials, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with Wwise or similar audio middleware.
- Demonstrable experience with Unreal Engine or similar game engines.
- Demonstrable experience with Reaper and/or Pro Tools.
- Formal training in game audio, sound design, or related discipline.
- Interest in performing, recording, editing, and processing dialogue.
- Understanding of synthesis and procedural audio techniques is a plus.
- Experience with MaxMSP, PureData, Processing, or SuperCollider is a plus.