Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The Environment Artist will make a significant direct contribution to the creation of high quality in game environment art as it applies to real-time technology for a AAA console game. This is an opportunity to combine masterful artistry and storytelling with ground breaking technology on a world class project.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
An Environment Artist at Studio Gobo...
- Has the ability to compose readable, credible and playable levels from existing kit sets whilst also being able to contribute to the art set with new and unique content.
- Planning, organising and executing creative ideas for environmental storytelling.
- Light environments both for playability and positive aesthetic choices.
- Set dress levels for playability and visual interest.
- Utilise existing VFX art sets to bring your environments to life.
- Work closely with the Lead Artist & Art Director to deliver content to the aesthetic and technical standards for environment art on the project.
- Contribute and be a vocal participant in regular team meetings, planning sessions, team critiques etc.
- Working in an agile team environment support the project Leads and production teams in all aspects of planning related to work you are responsible for.
- Problem solve and consistently present sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of real-time game environments.
Things we'd love to see from you:
A world-class showreel demonstrating outstanding environment art and all aspects relating to the creative and technical creation of game environments.
Possess outstanding skill in level art composition, environmental storytelling, rapid level prototyping and all stages of environment art production through to final rendering.
Experience in Unreal Engine.
Experience in the use of industry 3d Packages 3DSMax and or Maya and all current modern graphics packages including, z-brush, substance painter and designer, photoshop and others related to your field an experience.
Able to demonstrate a high level of creativity and understanding of multiple modelling techniques, texturing, lighting, surfacing and other technical concepts.
Excellent working knowledge of current console platforms, technical art restrictions and limitations.
Demonstrate effective communication skills; verbal and written.
Good technical and strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to critically evaluate your own and your peers work constructively.
Aptitude to prioritise one’s own tasks, take full ownership of work and be responsive to deadlines and project priorities.
An eye for current industry benchmarks and trends in world art as it relates to gaming.